The Tiger Girls

The Tiger Girls

Sunday, November 21, 2010

As The Year Winds Down


Lily is spellbound by a gazing ball that a good friend gave me one Christmas. She became quite enchanted with it and would spend some time looking into it and the mysterious images it projected back at her. Then, in the way of all cats, she became bored with it and I placed it in my garden to reflect the light and beauty of the outdoors. It has been a beautiful summer; I had lots of beautiful flowers and butterflies to enjoy. I always find Autumn so hard to accept, as everything seems to be dying, but I know that Spring will follow just as sure as our beautiful planet continues in its orbit around the Sun. I did plant some tulip bulbs as my way of coping with the change of seasons, a little beacon of something beautiful yet to come. I am ever more appreciative of my dear family and friends as the years pass. This year saw the sad loss of one of those treasured friends, Lora Armstrong in June. One of my astronomy buddies and a truly lovely person and very much missed. Seasons change, life changes and may we all be ever hopeful of the beauty that is yet to come, in this life, and the next. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment